The holiday season will be in full swing before you know it, and many people are planning to hang up their holiday lights and, of course, put up their Christmas trees. If you're planning to obtain a real tree this year, it's essential to arrive prepared at the tree lot. Here are some tips on how to perfect your transport:
- Take measurements ahead of time. Make sure you measure where you plan to put the tree in your home, as well as the roof of your car, to ensure there's enough room for it.
- Look at the weather before you go pick it out. Clear conditions during a winter day are the best time of day to buy your tree.
- Make sure to get it netted. Getting the tree netted will make the tree more manageable to move and protect the tree from damage. After being wrapped, you can double-wrap it with a sheet or blanket for extra safety before fastening it to your vehicle. Doing so will also prevent it from scratching the top of your car.
- Wrap it tightly with a rope, cord, wire, etc. Make sure you get the base, middle, and top of the tree so that it is as secure as possible.
- The tree stump should always be facing towards the front of the car. This will ensure the tree and its branches are flowing in a natural movement during the drive.
- Make sure the tree isn't blocking your windows or rearview mirror in any way.
- Drive slow! It's always wise to practice caution on the road, but it is especially crucial to do it when transporting big and heavy objects like a Christmas tree. Sharp turns, or quick stops can quickly shift the positioning of the tree and cause problems if you aren't careful.
We hope some of these tips make your hauling trip a little easier. For more information and dependable automotive services, please look to Bock Automotive. You can call us at (973) 587-8384.